Sunday, May 31, 2009

They said I needed to update, soo....

Top five things going on in my life this week!

1) I made a luggage purchase this week - something that will be quite useful in my future career of getting on planes, trains, and automobiles. (The virgin voyage, of course, will be my rather exciting trip to Arizona. 17 days and counting, kids...) The piece of luggage is a Swiss Army 20" pilot's case - it matches my backpack, which I find necessary to take everywhere. {PS - If the Swiss are neutral, then why would they need an army? Points to ponder.}

2) I have decided that at my wedding, there will be no break between the wedding and the food. I attended a really lovely outdoor wedding this weekend (I have the sunburn to prove it). I had a pretty good time, but there was a two hour gap between the end of the wedding and the food. Wow, darlings. This is too much for a hungry RJ. I had some wonderful entertainment, of course - provided by my two nephews and my newest niece. I have long been an honorary member of the Upah family, and since Tom always works Saturday nights, I get to be Cindy's date at all official functions. The fam was quite entertaining, and I hadn't seen them in a while, so special bonus. Now if I can just find a bride....

3) To PhD or not to PhD? Dammit, why do I always have more questions than answers? I am still trying to make this decision. It's a helluva commitment, and also a high risk-high reward situation. I do want to do it, but I need time to sit down and do some productive research. {PS - Facebook apparently doesn't count as productive research.}

4) Physical therapy is good. It hurts, but it's good. Apparently, the arthritis that I have in my knees is a result of problems I have in my feet (not age, as my surgeon said). So, after thirty-five years, I am learning how to take care of myself. Better late than never, I have to say.

5) Tomorrow, as a result of my weight loss, I get to go shopping. My pants just don't fit me any more, so I'm taking action tomorrow night. My personal shoppers have been alerted, and we set off for wherever they suggest when I get off work. I must look my best for Arizona, after all.

All right, that is the update. Feel free to post commentary, suggestions, and requests - complaints will be deleted immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Well for Arizona be sure to get light colors, lightweight fabrics, and loose fitting stuff. BECAUSE IT IS HOTTTTT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete